Managing your Emotions
San Jose DBT offer a full fidelity Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program to help you manage your emotions so they DON’T manage You! Overwhelming feelings accompanied by important skill deficits can create all sorts of problems in daily living and compromise our physical health, our relationships, and our sense of mastery and joy in ourselves.
- Do you feel emotional all the time?
- Do you feel you can’t control your emotions?
- Do you find yourself wishing you could just say what you mean?
- Do you wish you could stop reacting in ways you later regret?
- Do you “lose it” once in a while?
Did you know there is a significant amount of research about emotions and how they work? There is actually a model of emotions that has numerous clinical studies behind it and we can actually see emotions firing on FMRI research studies? Emotions are SO important we could not survive without them. But some people’s emotions fire faster and more intensely than others. For some, emotions just HIT HARD! ….and they are hard to recover from. Is this you?
Our San Jose Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program can help you:
- Learn to cultivate healthy emotional experiences without letting emotions take over and cause unwanted problems
- Improve your communication in relationships by helping you calmly solve problems and influence your environment
- Reduce reactions to past abuse and trauma and increase pleasant emotions
- Learn how to trust yourself and your decisions
- Become more accepting of yourself so you can live in the present and find joy
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is an effective treatment that is supported by solid empirical research to help people manage emotions. It involves a combination of individual behavioral counseling and participation in a DBT Skills Training Groups in which you will receive support, and practical exercises to help you apply what you’ve learned.
Learn more about Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
In DBT we know that most people who struggles with ongoing emotional volatility, moodiness, and chronic unhappiness are doing the best they can. Is this you? When you are ready to take charge of your emotions call and talk to me. Emotions are valid and make sense. Learn more about how Dialectical Behavior Therapy can educate you about how to care for your emotions so you can live the life you want and be healthy.
Interested in a FREE telephone consultation? Please fill out the form below and Melinda will get in touch with you.
[contact-form-7 id=”885″ title=”FREE Consultation Request”]
By completing this form, your name will not be added to any future communications. Your information is being requested only to be contacted by Melinda Carlisle for a free consultation.