Dialectical Behavior Therapy in San Jose
San Jose DBT and Melinda Carlisle Brackett, M.A., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC43877 is a trained CBT Therapist and an Intensively Trained DBT Therapist and Skills Trainer who offers Dialectical Behavior Therapy services for diverse individuals in San Jose and the Silicon Valley.
What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) was designed to help people manage strong emotions, thinking patterns, and behaviors that cause misery and distress. DBT works through both DBT Psychotherapy and participation in DBT Skills Training sessions. Dialectical Behavior Therapy combines both cognitive-behavioral therapy and mindfulness approaches to help people understand and change patterns of living that cause suffering. An evidence-based treatment supported by years of published research, DBT has been shown to be as or more effective than other therapies for the problems mentioned below.
Who benefits from Dialectical Behavior Therapy? DBT may be for you if you:
- find it challenging to manage strong emotions
- would describe yourself as extremely sensitive
- have difficulties with relationships, intimacy, or fear abandonment
- experience frequent rapid mood changes
- have mixed anxiety and depression
- engage in self-destructive thoughts or actions
DBT has shown in numerous clinical studies to:
- enhance motivation and desire to live more fully in your life
- improve emotion management
- improve interpersonal relating and communicating
- decrease self-destructive behaviors
- enhance your ability to manage crisis
How does Dialectical Behavior Therapy work? >>Learn more here >>
Learn more about Melinda Carlisle Brackett here
Learn more about San Jose DBT’s Comprehensive Dialectial Behavior Therapy Programs here
Learn more about San Jose DBT’s Couples DBT Skills Training Classes here
Ready for a FREE consultation? Fill out the below information and we will be in touch! Or call us at (408) 780-1150.
Directions from San Jose to our location: