About Melinda Carlisle Brackett
Melinda is President of Silicon Valley Executive Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, a Professional Corporation www.siliconvalleyexecutivecounseling.com. Her psychotherapy practice is diverse and she has a vision of quality care for her clients based on the sound, clinically-proven principals of evidence-based treatments including Dialectical Behavior Therapy. She is committed to staying current on the latest research and participating in regular training in her field.
Melinda Carlisle Brackett, M.A., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC43877 is a Trained CBT Therapist and an Intensively Trained DBT Therapist and Skills Trainer
Melinda believes that Dialectical Behavior Therapy has tremendous potential to help a variety of problems in living and she is committed to maintaining the program’s integrity as it was designed by DBT founder Marsha Linehan, Ph.D.
Melinda’s Clinical Background and Training:
Melinda has received advanced level intensive training, currently the highest level of training offered as a DBT Therapist and Skills Trainer, from Behavioral Tech, LLC. She is a member of an intensively trained consultation Team and provides clinically adherent Dialectical Behavior Therapy in her full-time private practice in San Jose, CA. In addition Melinda has received extensive training from The Center for Cognitive Therapy in Huntington Beach, CA and is a member of the American Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies. She is experienced in working with a variety of Emotion Regulation Disorders and has extensive experience using evidence-based protocols with Personality Disorders, Bipolar II Disorder, Chronic Major Depression, Anxiety and Panic Disorders, and OCD.
Melinda’s Corporate Experience:
About Melinda’s Practice: Silicon Valley Executive Counseling, P.C (SVEC)
San Jose DBT is a Division of Silicon Valley Executive Counseling, a Marriage & Family Therapy Professional Corporation that serves the entire bay area. In addition to providing the standard, rigorous and structured Dialectical Behavior Therapy program, SVEC’s practice and programs include customized strategies using empirically supported CBT protocols in Individual Psychotherapy and Couples Therapy including:
- Behavioral Activation (for Depression)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (for Bipolar II and Personality Disorders)
- Exposure Protocols (for anxiety and panic )
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) (for OCD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) ( for PTSD) –
- DBT Skills Parent Training
- Problem Solving Therapy and Strengths Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(for chronic challenges in daily functioning and building resiliency)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (that utilizes all of the above protocols inside of the DBT treatment)
Melinda also offers consultation to help spouses, parents and other family members develop a treatment strategy for their loved one. Learn more about these services by calling Melinda at (408) 780-1150 or filling out the information below:
Melinda Carlisle Brackett, M.A has over 20 years of experience in consulting to technology companies including her roles as a Project Director and an advisor to executives in Global & Corporate Real Estate & Infrastructure.
She served as Director of Client Services with a Project Management Firm in San Jose and in 1999 she founded CriticalPath Consulting where she offered services in the areas of organizational development, team building, leadership development, corporate training, and change management. She is also a certified specialist in the use of the Hartman Value Profile, an empirically valid assessment of a person’s decision making ability.
This work led to Melinda’s interest in counseling and psychotherapy in San Jose and to the formation of Silicon Valley Executive Counseling, A Marriage & Family Therapy Professional Corporation www.siliconvalleyexecutivecounseling.com.
Melinda is an experienced organizational development specialist and communication trainer with a warm and humorous communication style. She has an extensive Silicon Valley consulting background that includes clients such as Microsoft, NASA, eBAY, Hitachi, Seagate, and many others.
Her pragmatic, no-nonsense style of therapy in San Jose helps clients radically transform their relationships both at work and at home. She has lived and worked in Silicon Valley most of her life and understands the complexities that this unique culture generates. Here is what differentiates her work from other therapists:
- She rapidly identifies complex emotional problems and develop behavioral strategies
- She has real world experience in hiring, succession planning, and employee development
- She is an expert in work-related stress because she works with businesses every day
- She understands that work-life balance feels different for everyone. There is no one size fits all
- She is well connected to Silicon Valley resources for health and wellness
- She teaches skills in problem-solving, communication, emotion regulation and decision making